You have no items in your shopping cart.Total : 0 €
Going on a hike or a bivouac outing in a zero-waste approach is THE good resolution to go green in 2021. First tip: cook your own picnics. Homemade sandwiches and salads made from seasonal products will make your adventure all the more tasty.
Want to make your own cereal bars for mid-term snacks?
We'll share an easy recipe with you!
[Recipe from Hervé Cuisine : cereal bars]
And follow those steps:
1. Preheat your oven to 175° C
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter, agave syrup (or the agave-honey mixture) and vanilla sugar
3. In a bowl, mix the oats, quinoa, dried fruits and nuts that you must chop beforehand (especially the raisins because they swell during cooking)
4. Then add the liquid mixture, and mix well with a spatula
5. Put the mixture in money or muffin cups, or make shapes with a cookie cutter. And press down well
6. Bake in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on whether you prefer your cereal bars golden brown or not
7. It is imperative to put them in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for 1 hour, after cooling in the open air so that the cereal bars harden
8. You can wrap them individually and take them everywhere!
To transport your homemade picnics and cereal bars, you need reusable containers such as glass jars or Tupperware. For water, forget plastic bottles and use a water bottle or thermos flask. And for packaging, Bee wrap's, pieces of fabric combined with beeswax, are easy to make and will be a great help.
Finally, what would an outdoor adventurer be without his garbage bag? Ideally reusable or recyclable, it is the essential accessory to collect your organic or other waste.
The philosophy of Leave No Trace is declined in several principles to discover nature while respecting it. The idea is to leave it as you found it! Here are some ideas based on these very good practices.
The best way to be sure to respect the walking and bivouac sites is to inform yourself beforehand about the regulations in force. A small effort of anticipation that makes the difference!
To limit your environmental impact, consider pitching your tent on a durable surface of stone, dry grass, sand or snow rather than on an area with vegetation. Also, try not to spread out your various installations too widely to further minimize the risk of damaging the natural space.
If you wish to make a fire, use small wood found in the forest. This method will keep a small fire to limit the fire hazard. Avoid using wood that does not come from the space on which you are camping; you could bring with it invasive species for the natural space.
To know more about the « Leave no trace »
No, this 5th jacket will probably not be more useful than the 4th one. This year's goal? Consume less, but better!S’équiper durable
For your hiking clothes, give priority to eco-responsible materials (recycled or bio-sourced) and quality. Product durability is the basis of any eco-responsible approach.
In 2021, we're off on an adventure! On a walk near your home, in a bivouac with friends or during a trek of several days, adventure is much more than a means, it is a state of mind. Why not write down in a notebook your ideas for adventure projects for 2021 and take stock next December? See you next year!