You have no items in your shopping cart.Total : 0 €
Saturday september 7th was the Responsible Mountain Operation and it was crazy fun!
This edition was just incredible, despite really wintery weather.
150 highly motivated participants to clean up our mountains in Chamonix, along 4 different itineraries including the Mer de Glace, and to participate in the eco-responsible workshops.
They can be proud of themselves: 3 tons of waste was collected!
since the very first edition in 2007
cables, steel sheets, cans, scrap iron, glasses, skis, cigarette butts, plastics...
to our partners who co-organized this day with us, and of course to the general public.
The Responsible Mountain Operation is a collaborative event, which could not exist without the contribution of everyone and proves that we can do very great things together.
It was really a great moment. Beyond the eco-hikes, waste collection, climate change awareness, village and its eco-responsible workshops, concert... we all had some really great moments. There were moments of sharing, smiles, laughs, exchanges between young and old, French, Italian, German, Slovak... people, between public, staff, journalists, etc.
To remind us all that in the end the only thing that matters is people.
• Pioneer and precursor Philippe Dilloard who initiated this event 14 years ago
• the CAF - Club Alpin de Chamonix who ensures preparation and success of the itinerary on the Mer de Glace, and who does an incredible job all year round,
• The town hall of Chamonix which supports helicopter transport, waste management and recycling and closing night
• The UCPA which houses, supervises and equips the participants
• The Compagnie du Mont-Blanc which offers transport tickets
• Mountain Riders which supervises and raises awareness
• The volunteers of the village of eco-responsible initiatives
• The journalists who participate, relay the event to expand the circle of awareness
• the ambassadors Outdoor sentinels who are committed to share their passion for protected playgrounds
• The Brasserie du Mont-Blanc which offers beer to celebrate
• And of course the enthusiastic and convinced general publicwho was particularly motivated to remove this waste from our mountains!